The History of OSA
The Launch of OSA’s Second Journal: Applied Optics
The OSA Board of Directors, meeting in
New York City in 1959, decides the time
has come for a second journal. The decision
is motivated in part by a desire to meet the
competition of commercial publications,
chief among them Infrared Physics.
Become a member or log in to view the full text of this article.
OSA Members get the full text of Optics & Photonics News, plus a variety of other member benefits.