The History of OSA
The Founding of the International Commission for Optics
Representatives of the international optics
community joined together in the wake of
the Second World War to further the study of
optics. OPN Contributing Editor John N.
Howard traces the historical trends that led,
in 1947, to the formation of the International
Commission for Optics.
Log in or Become a member to view the full text of this article.
This article may be available for purchase via the search at www.osapublishing.org.
OSA Members get the full text of Optics & Photonics News, plus a variety of other member benefits.